[Home][Scroll down to ALPHABETICAL INDEX for topics]


Saturday, May 30, 2015

Palmer Station on Antarctic Peninsula


I'll have to take a different approach because what I'm doing now isn't working. I can't find the distance around Antarctia-- via reports and airfield landings  because there is no data being reported. I'll start visiting each station and generate a feeling for what it's like at each point-- who the people are-- what the activities are. I'll start with Palmer.

OBSERVATIONS May 2015 by Rick

  • No mention of an airstrip in the video
  • Over emphasis as is typical, on environmental protection and studies
  • Weather ok on the peninsula
  • No mention of time of year in video but it's bright, so sun is up-- thus southern hemisphere summer - Oct to April
  • No diagram yet showing latitude
  • No mention of visitors from other stations
  • No mention of visitors from other countries
  • No tourists-- tourists only fly over icefields using Quantas, it seems, on other "side" 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I'm Captain Rick of the Virtual Circumference Voyage of Antarctica. I intend to prove definitively if Earth is flat or a sphere by paying careful attention to how many miles we cover as we travel "around" Antarctica. Flat earth theory says it's 50-60,000 miles. Spherical Earth theory says it 14,000 miles. Join me and ask any questions that you think would help our mission.

Latest Entries