[Home][Scroll down to ALPHABETICAL INDEX for topics]


Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Landing at Casey / Wilkes as part of virtual perimeter mission.



I'll post a map soon along with more parameters. I've asked the video poster where this flight originated from. Eventually I want to fly virtually around the entire perimeter of Antarctica-- watching for any hints of miles, speed, origin of flight, via official info or blogs and various reports. This perimeter tour is turning out to be much more difficult than I had hoped. Part of the problem is just getting organized and collecting the various data points. I would have thought that with the degree of interest and development in Antarctica that the 1968-1972 proposal for a trans Antarctic flight network would have been in place by now. The fact that that proposal has NOT been acted on is a key indicator for me at this time. It implies that its not possible-- or that its existence would make the perimeter distance too easy to discover and too obvious. 

1 comment:

  1. Ah, the info about flight times and fuel is under the video - wonder why they call it either Wilkes or Wilkins.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I'm Captain Rick of the Virtual Circumference Voyage of Antarctica. I intend to prove definitively if Earth is flat or a sphere by paying careful attention to how many miles we cover as we travel "around" Antarctica. Flat earth theory says it's 50-60,000 miles. Spherical Earth theory says it 14,000 miles. Join me and ask any questions that you think would help our mission.

Latest Entries